Weddings & Events
When it comes to planning the perfect wedding party, corporate event or family celebration it is our mission to make your day or night as special as possible. From the first pop of a bottle cork, right down to the last note played, we love helping you create bespoke and memorable experiences to your exact taste. Our Ballroom is a bright, spacious room decked with elegant chandeliers overlooking one of Dublin’s most beautiful red brick buildings, Georges Street Arcade, putting us right in the heart of the south city centre.
As a well renowned artisan foodie haven, you are guaranteed to get the best fresh, seasonal produce in each and every menu created with care by our skilled team of chefs and we are happy to cater for all dietary requests so you or your guests don’t have to worry about a thing.
So whether it’s planning for that special big day, a corporate meeting or event, family gathering or anything in between, we are here to make it extraordinary each and every time.
If an intimate, stylish, urban wedding is your dream, let us help you make it a reality. Fallon & Byrne sits proudly in South Dublin City Centre and is set across four floors in a beautiful, late 19th century building, steeped in history and culture. An internationally renowned food destination , it comprises an award-winning Food Hall, light-filled Dining Room, atmospheric Wine Cellar and beautiful Ballroom which plays host to weddings and private events.
An intimate, contemporary wedding venue
We don’t believe in packages here at Fallon & Byrne and create bespoke offerings tailored to suit each couple’s taste and budget.
We take a personal approach to each wedding we host and invite you to become part of the extended Fallon & Byrne family. The people you meet before your big day will be the same team you will see on your big day. We’re here to ensure every tiny detail is perfect, right down the very last morsel.
A little bit about us
Just a five minute stroll from Grafton Street, Fallon & Byrne is a food lover’s dream, set in a stunning heritage building in Dublin’s creative quarter.
Cited as one of Dublin’s favourite wedding and event venues, The Ballroom is a beautiful light-filled space, ideal for an intimate, urban wedding and our dedicated team of coordinators offer a 5 star service to ensure your event is simply perfect, right down to the tiniest detail.
An inspired choice for an intimate urban wedding, corporate dinner or family celebration, this elegant space can host up to 150 very welcome guests for a stand-up reception or 120 for a sit-down dinner.
€ 1,250 Friday & Saturday dates minimum 80 adults bar closes 1:30am
€ 950 Thursday & Sunday dates minimum 60 adults bar closes 12:30am
€ 650 Monday to Wednesday dates minimum 50 adults bar closes 12:30am
Your hire of The Ballroom for a wedding includes:
- A dedicated team of wedding and event coordinators
- Food and beverage advice from our team of chefs, patissiers, sommeliers and cheesemongers.
- A wine tasting in advance of your big day
- A bottle of bubbly for the happy couple on arrival
- 6’ round tables with floor length, crisp white linen tablecloths, and napkins.
- Limewash wooden Chiavari chairs and barstools
- Hurricane lanterns and cylinder candle holders
- Mercury silver place name
- Tealight and candle holders
- Mirrored welcome sign, table plan, place name cards and personalised menus
- Integrated sound system for personal playlist
- Microphone and PA system
- Complimentary post-wedding dinner in our first-floor Dining Room
Good to Know
- The Ballroom has a full bar serving draught and bottled beer, wine, cocktails and a wide range of spirits and liqueurs.
- Our beautiful chandeliers and recessed lights are all on dimmers so there is no need for additional uplighting.
- We have lots of experience in planning weddings and events from abroad and are delighted to work both with you remotely and any family members or friends on the ground.
- There are many wonderful hotels, guesthouses and Airbnbs on our doorstep, and we are happy to make recommendations for you and your guests.
- Additional room decorations, florals, props etc. can be delivered the day before your wedding and collected the day after.
- You are very welcome to bring a wedding cake from an external vendor (our in-house Bakery also creates fabulous cakes) which we would be delighted to serve later in the evening. Please note that wedding cake is not available as a dessert course alternative.
- Fallon & Byrne does not offer a corkage service and provides a wine list from our extensive selection for you to choose from.
- Final food and wine selections are requested two weeks prior to your event.
- Menu prices and venue/ceremony hire fees are all inclusive of VAT. A 12.5% service charge is applied to all food and beverage bills.
Menu items and prices are subject to change. Prices quoted on contract exchange and deposit payment are set.
A provisional booking can be held for a maximum of two weeks, after which we request a €2000 non-refundable deposit to secure your desired date.
Hosting Your Ceremony
Did you know you can host your ceremony here at Fallon & Byrne? We are a fully licensed venue and would be thrilled to host your nuptials.
We offer a stunning backdrop with seasonal dried flowers, antique altar and vintage chairs for your vows, as well as a luxury ivory carpeted aisle lined with cylinder glass candle holders. The fee for ceremony hosting is €500 and we strongly recommend confirming registrar availability before booking your venue. We require a two hour turnaround time between your ceremony and dinner reception but we are more than happy to host a drinks reception in our wine cellar (midweek only) or recommend many great local spots for weekend weddings.
The Ballroom can play host to 120 sit down or 150 standing very welcome guests with plenty room for a live band and DJ. For weekend weddings (Fri-Sat), our minimum number of guests is 80. For midweek weddings (Mon-Thurs) our minimum number of guests is 50. Located on the second floor of our building, with elevator access, The Ballroom is accessible both by lift and staircase with restrooms adjacent.
Food & Drinks
Our team of food lovers here at Fallon & Byrne are here to ensure every bite is perfect from produce to ingredients, cheese and cake, wine and cocktails. We offer two styles of dining – stand-up receptions and sit-down meals, the latter with both formal and casual menu options depending on your preference for your event. Our chefs happily cater for all dietary needs and many dishes can be altered if required. Our goal is for every guest to be blown away by their dining experience in the Ballroom. We are also more than happy to work with you to create a bespoke menu for your special event.