It’s Wine Time
Hand-picked by our team, these are a dozen of our favourite tipples.
- 100 Hectares Tinto A big boy from the Douro region of Portugal, deep red in colour with a nose of wild fruit and cherries. The fruit comes through on the palate too with a nicely balanced touch of oak rounding out the flavour in the mouth.
- Montepulciano Le Salare Packed with juicy red cherry and plum flavours, this refreshing and easy drinking Italian is a great all-rounder.
- Gran Cerdo Tempranillo With its cherry-red, purplish, brilliant colour, Gran Cerdo reveals primary notes of fresh fruit, strawberries, raspberries, cherries and violets with clean mineral tones.
- Domaine Lacour Côte de Couchois Dark-coloured Pinot Noir, broad and rustic with dark cherry and red berries character, sweet notes of oak aging and refreshing saline notes on the end palate
- El Olmo Rioja Reserva Classic style Rioja, medium-bodied, approachable wine of good intensity, depth and persistence, with a potent nose of sweet red cherries and brushwood. It is silky on the palate with the acidity giving poise and vibrancy, allowing the fresh, ripe red fruits and subtle hints of vanilla to show through.
- Château Turcaud Bordeaux Rouge Deliciously fruity nose with cherry and spices; supple with interesting weight, structure and ripeness. The palate has lots of clean red berry fruit, plum and hints of cherries. The finish is fresh and well-balanced
- Flor de Vetus Verdejo Rueda Bright yellow in colour with youthful highlights. On the nose, it has rich aromas of citrus and peach with floral notes. On the palate, tropical notes with ripe lemon touches that lead onto a long, lively and refreshing finish.
- Domaine de l’Ecu Muscadet Precise citrus and quince aromas with a distinct mineral edge. Elegant and racy in structure, showing clearly delineated lime and pink grapefruit flavours with fantastic depth.
- Lyrarakis Dafní A crisp white with a distinctive herbal character, refreshing mouthfeel and intense aromatic aftertaste, in a citrus fruit background.
- San Marziano ‘Tréfili’ Pinot Grigio Soft, fruit dominated Pinot Grigio, with a lovely orchard fruit perfume. Light, vibrant with fresh, zesty, citrus character. Very easy drinking, as an aperitif.
- La Jara Prosecco Frizzante 750ml This organic Prosecco is delicate and fresh with light bubbles.
- Guy Allion ‘Chant de Lune’ Rosé Pale pink rosé from the Gamay grape. Fresh nose of citrus and red berry, with a zesty palate of raspberry. An easy summer drop.